Saturday, March 6, 2010

Small town

I live in the smallest town I have ever lived in during my adult life. Granted, I've only lived in one other town but I feel that is beside the point. My former town had two malls, an outdoor shopping area, tons of restaurants, bistros, movie theaters, walking trails and stuff to do in general. Let's compare it to this town. There's one mall, a few chain restaurants, a movie theater that's in the mall that you cannot go to at night for fear of getting mugged and another movie theater that's pretty decent and that's it. No wonder crime is pretty high here. There's nothing else to do. The first time I went to the mall I laughed out loud. I told someone at work I actually drove past the mall because I didn't see it and made it to Wichita Falls before I realized I had passed the mall. That is not true. What did impress me is that the mall has little signs posted to let you know where stores are. I don't know why these are necessary since you can poke your head out of the store and merely look down the mall to see all of the stores in the entire mall.
So, needless to say, today I'm off to the City (that's Oklahoma City) for some retail therapy. I'd like to visit a mall that has more than one floor. I'd also like to visit a place where the chances of me running into anyone I know are small. I can't go to Wal-mart without seeing a co-worker or, God forbid, a patient. I hate seeing patients. Those people will chase you down the aisle to pull up their shirts and ask you to check their incisions. No, unfortunately, I'm not kidding.
I'm also in need of a yoga mat. Yes, I know. The thought of me posing in downward facing dog is hysterical but I need something to calm me down. I will definitely post more on the yoga thing after I start that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment